2020 Year in Review//Day 30🎇🎇
Wow! It's been quite the year! I really don't know where to even begin this post. First of all, thank you all who have read and commented throughout blogmas, it was so, so nice to read your comments and know that y'all were enjoying the posts! I'll be honest, I was skeptical that I would truly be able to post everyday, and I was skeptical that I would have enough ideas to post for the entire month. However, I had plenty of encouragers to get me through, and there were several times when I would text my friends, or ask my family for ideas on what to post the next morning :). However, it was all totally worth it! Thank you, dear readers, for making this all possible! When I threw out the idea back in October, I had no idea people would be so enthusiastic about it!!
As far as this past year has gone, it's been a crazy year for people all around the world! I have learned so much this year! Even though this year was tough for everyone, I learned so many lessons, and I have grown so much closer to God, which makes it all worth it in the end. Praise be to the Lord of the Heavens!! Here's a timeline of my year:
- January: We joined our home church, after exactly 8 months of searching. Never have I been more grateful for friends who care, or mentors in my life, or for God, who carried me through the toughest of days. I still get teary-eyed thinking about how blessed I am to go to this church!
- February: I turned 16, and I got my driver's license! We get our bunny Jellybean. Who knew she would end up being my therapy bunny during 2020 ;). We also had revival at my church, where I made the commitment to make 2020 my year to grow closer to the Lord. Never in a million years did I realize what a difference this decision would make in my life.
- March: Coronavirus hits, and within a matter of two weeks, NC was on complete lockdown mode. I started writing in my journal about the virus, and I remember being super upset that the lockdown was going to continue until June. Little did I know that we would still be affected by COVID-19 in 2021.
- April: Still under lockdown, and the calendar is pretty much clear. Easter Sunday we had a drive-in service at our church, rather than the normal online service. Piano recital got canceled, as did a Lauren Daigle concert I had gotten for Christmas last year. It's supposedly been rescheduled some time in 2021, but I don't even remember when it's been rescheduled for, because it's been pushed back several times this year.
- May: The calendar is clear in May, too. School is out, but there's not much to do. I start this blog!!
- June: My sister and I spend a week in South Carolina tent camping (remember that post? You can go back and look at it here). My best friend and I have a makeshift prom, since the original got canceled. We took pictures at my great-aunt and uncle's lake, and then we went out to eat in our fancy prom dresses :).
- July: We take a weekend trip to Jellystone National Park, and summer is in full swing. I am kept busy though, as much of my time is spent at my great-grandma's, spending time with not only her but also with cousins whom I haven't seen in several years. I also enjoy hanging out with my best friend. Several restaurants are still not open for dine-in, so most of our time is either spent in her car, listening to music while munching on fast food, or at our local park. My youth group has a week long conference, which is so fun. I am still meeting people in my youth group, as it seemed like I hadn't gotten much time with them before our church had to completely go online.
- August: One last visit from cousins (sadness), and school is back in session. My junior year in high school. Most of this month is spent getting the hang of balancing homeschool, college classes at our local community college, and more.
- September: My mom, sister, and I take a trip to Asheville for a volleyball tournament, and enjoy some time with volleyball friends, plus some girl time :).
- October: I am getting the hang of 11th grade, and volleyball season for my sister ends (which is also sad for me because I loved being able to sit with friends and cheer her on). I make the official announcement that I will be hosting Blogmas 2020 on Caleigh's Random Thoughts.
- November: God is really showing me how much I have to be grateful for, even in 2020. I meet some great people, (who I now consider my closest of friends) and I'm thriving in my youth group. Thanksgiving rolls around, and even though it looks a little different than normal, it's still a wonderful holiday. I have wisdom teeth surgery on November 30th.
- December: I'm really feeling the holiday spirit, and God is continuing to bless me. These past few weeks I have come to the realization that I am blessed beyond what I deserve, and God is showing me everyday His love and compassion. As Christmas time draws near, I am still meeting more amazing people, and one in my mind sticks out ;). Christmas day arrives, and my family has a wonderful Christmas. As 2020 draws to a close, I am reminded everyday of God's grace and compassion.
|The first snow of 2020|
|The first time I ever met our bunny, Jellybean, who was just 2 months old at the time|
|Her first morning at home :)|
|My best friend and I on her birthday|
|Easter Sunday, 2020|
|Jelly all wrapped up in a towel :)|
|Trying to get some work done, lol|
|The first time seeing cousins after several years|
|My cousin and I, the goofballs we are ;)|
|Nothing prettier than a sunset on the beach|
|Read all about Ms. Tonya here|
|4th of July spent with family|
|Fireworks we were able to see right from our own front yard|
|This sweet friend I met on the Safari Park|
|The beautiful mountain view from Virginia|
|My all time favorite picture of Jellybean, it really describes her personality, lol|
|I love this sunset so much!|
|The Carter Christmas Tree 2020|
|Our front porch during the holiday season|
|Rollerskating with close friends :)|
Yes, overall, 2020 has been my year to grow closer to the Lord, and wow has He taught me so, so much!! This is the 2nd to last day of Blogmas, and the last day to enter the giveaway!! The winner will be announced tomorrow, so stay tuned! Thank you to everyone who has encouraged me with this challenge, thank you to all my friends (online and off) who have supported me throughout this all! I love y'all!!