Top 5 Holiday Foods//Day 13🎄🎄
I think one of the best things about the holiday season is the food. Christmas desserts are amazing, but I believe that the main dishes are underrated! Here are my Top 10 Holiday Foods (in no particular order, because I cannot decide what the best food is)!
1) Ham. This is most everyone's main dish on Christmas, and the glaze on top is phenomenal.
2) Mac n' cheese. My Nana makes the absolute best crockpot mac n' cheese. I really don't think that any holiday can go without mac n' cheese.
3) Ham and cheese rolls. To be honest, I'm not sure what the official name is for these delicious little sandwiches. What I do know, however, is that these little sliders, made with King rolls, ham, cheese, and the signature glaze that is drizzled (more like dumped) on top, are the absolute BOMB.
4) Breakfast casserole. Okay, so maybe this is just me, but every Christmas morning, while my sister and I are opening presents, there is a breakfast casserole in the oven, ready to be devoured along with a fruit salad after the presents are open.
5) Fudge. There is nothing better than a nice square of chocolate and peanut butter fudge! Don't get me wrong, the other flavors are nice too, but chocolate and peanut butter is such a classic Christmas treat for my family.
What are y'alls favorite Christmas foods? What did I miss? Let me know in the comments!!
Mm, yummy! 😋 You're making me hungry. XDReplyDelete
The "ham and cheese rolls" sound very similar to a dish my family enjoys: messy sandwiches. We layer King's sweet Hawaiian rolls with slices of cheese (swiss) and meat (ham and turkey), then squeeze on some BBQ sauce and douse in a sweet sauce with poppy seeds. 🤩
I'm pretty sure those are the sandwiches I'm talking about! We've never called them "messy sandwiches" before tho, lol. Aren't they delicious?Delete
My FAVORITE for Christmas desserts are Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. I can't even BEGIN to describe how DELICIOUS those are! <3 <3 <3 Peanut butter balls (or buckeyes), Chex mix, and sugar cookies are staples. I also love creamy spinach, stuffing, and, of course mashed potatoes for the sides. :D We have ham as our meat.ReplyDelete
Yummm! That all sounds amazing! I might have to join you for Christmas dinner, lol ;)Delete
Those foods sound delicious! I've never heard of the "ham and cheese" roll but it sounds so yummy. A favorite Christmas food of mine is stuffing!!ReplyDelete
(We also have it at Thanksgiving, just because how good it is. :))
Have a merry Christmas!
I agree, stuffing is so, so good!! You should definitely look up the ham and cheese rolls, they are delicious!Delete