Favorite Christmas Traditions//Day 17🎄🎄
I think one of my favorite things about the holiday season is Christmas traditions. They are so much fun, and I love being able to have my own. Today's post will be a list of a combination of my traditions, plus a few of my friends for fun. Please feel free to adopt these traditions as your own, and comment down below what you're favorite traditions are!!
- decorating the Christmas tree with a plate of warm Christmas cookies. Ever since Cydney (my younger sister) and I were little, my mom would bake a batch of cookies right before beginning to decorate the Christmas tree, that way they would be warm and gooey while we decorated. Every year, I end up with a stomach ache from eating wayyyy too many cookies😂
- Christmas Eve with my grandparents. I'm originally from Virginia, which is where my Dad is from, and where my grandparents live. Every year, we go up on Christmas Eve for the day, open presents, play games, and eat lots of food. This year, I'll see a cousin I haven't seen in a long time, so I'm so excited about that!
- eating at a local restaurant for Christmas Eve breakfast. This isn't my tradition, but a friend's. Unfortunately, due to the virus, they won't be able to fulfill this tradition this year. However, my friend told me that every year, he, his family, and some friends would all go to *a local restaurant* for breakfast on Christmas Eve.
- open one present on Christmas Eve. Again, this is a friend's tradition. He did say that it was quite annoying that he couldn't open them all that day. Patience, m'friend, patience ;)
- Reading the Christmas story before presents. Every year ever since before I was born, my Dad reads Luke 2 while the entire family sits around the Christmas tree. Then, we go downstairs to open presents :)
- Breakfast casserole Christmas morning. Christmas Eve night, Mom prepares a breakfast casserole, and then Christmas morning pops it in the oven so we'll have a nice warm meal after opening presents.
- Topping the Christmas tree with a star. I know plenty of people consider this a tradition, but I guarantee most of you haven't done it the way my friend does it! She said that this year, her (younger) sister picked her up so that she could place it at the top😆. If that isn't creative, I don't know what is!!